[Bards] Bards and A&S

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 09:44:10 PST 2006

Okay, let me say something that has already been said, but say it differently.

What would everyone think of the concept that Bardic has become the misfit child of the A&S community?

This IS NOT at attack on the A&S people!

But, I do NOT see a lot of overlap between the A&S people up here and the Bards. (This IS a northern perspective, I don't claim kingdom wide exposure.)

We all know we are under the A&S umbrella, but at the same time, during event planning we go "A&S comp here run by x person, and Bardic Here, run by Y person" and we have an A&S Champion and a Bardic champion...etc...

I don't know what to make of this. I don't know if its good, bad, just a fact of life or what.

So, any thoughts?

I am inclined to say we should try and include ourselves in the A&S community more, to help make ourselves better heard by the officers and autocats, for good and for ill. I'm not entirely sure what that means at this moment, but my gut tells me its worth looking into.

anyone what to take a shot at that?
are things different in central, coastal,western...wherever?

Ivo