[Bards] The Right Questions

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:28:22 PST 2006

There were, however, 17 competitors the year Eleanor Fairchild won KE at
Steppes 12th Night.  My own decisions to compete or not to compete have had
more to do with whether I felt I was prepared than with the site. (Of
course, my regular Sunday morning gig makes travel above the Red River
problematic :) )
~ihon

On 11/8/06, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:

>  > Really? I thought Eisteddfod had been joined to other events to
> > increase attendance. I'd be delighted if this thing could fly by itself.
>
> Eisteddfod has shrunk tremendously from the days when the college
> supported it.
>
> Finnacan, you remember Eisteddfod as its own event, in a tiny shire,
> outside in a freezing wind and rain, and it drew 17 or so competitors,.  By
> contrast, at last Twelfth Night, in a warm indoor hall with a bar, at a huge
> event with a thirty year history, there were only five competitors.
>
> > "Kingdom Bards and Beers"?
> Now *that* works.
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Rev. John F. Hirling