[Bards] The Right Questions

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 9 20:02:10 PST 2006

On Nov 9, 2006, at 6:53 PM, gail young wrote:

> I would certainly encourage bardic entries in A&S competitions such
> as Kingdom A&S but very seldom do you have optimal conditions.  I
> would also encourage a bardic track at colligiums such as KC.  I
> said make the EVENT ligitimate...if I didn't believe in the
> legitimacy of Bardcraft as an art, I wouldn't be here on this
> list.  I think it will take a lot of work and planning, but
> Eistedfodd should be the flagship Bardic event.  If that is the
> case already, then just ignor me.  <G>
> gwyneth

Lords and ladies, children of all ages, I think I see the problem.

The Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences, who is a Laurel and ~20
year veteran of Ansteorra, doesn't know whether Eisteddfod is
Ansteorra's flagship Bardic event. (Gwyneth, that's not a slight
against you. It's a bleak commentary about the bardic community, and
how far we've allowed our craft to slide in our fair kingdom.)

Stuck in a back room (if location matters to you), or with 7
competitors (if attendance is what worries you), or revealing
questions like that (if perception, public relations and credibility
are important to you)... either way, we've got a lot of work to do.
The "back room" issue seems to have been addressed for the upcoming
Eisteddfod. Now let's tackle the others.

Let's get to work. :-)

Michael