[Bards] Topic: Is the usage of performers in your area, and events in general, sufficient?

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 24 06:55:38 PDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 7:50 AM, Emily Minier wrote:

> I love the idea of the "I'm available to perform" baldric.  I don't
> think however that is HAS to be a baldric.  It could be as simple as a
> blue favor with a harp on it hanging from your belt.  I think it's
> more
> important to have a symbol on an item than to mandate what the item
> may
> be.
>
> This is SOOO exciting.
>
> YIS,
> Nyx

Some years (ok, many years) ago, someone here in Stargate had the
idea of putting a favor on one's belt to denote "bard available to
perform". It was sky blue with gold tassels. A harp would be a nice
addition, but the colors (sky blue and gold) are what first catch the
eye from a distance.

Gerald, was that you? Or was it Ihon? I don't remember, but I think
it was one of them who made several and gave them away to pretty much
any bard who asked for one at the time.

In any case, they were easy to make, easy to recognize and
distinctive, without being a pain to wear or clashing with 9/10ths of
your garb (as a baldric or sash might).

I still have mine.

Michael Silverhands