[Bards] Topic: Is the usage of performers in your area, and events in general, sufficient?

lburgin lburgin at gt.rr.com
Tue Oct 24 19:57:12 PDT 2006

I can see both sides.  I definitely think some strusture needs to be
encouraged in new bards, if nothing more than that there is a proper time
and place for everything.  One of my biggest fights is bardic circles in
which much of my audience wants to sing "Eagles", Beatles"etc. I usually say
that they should come to my house next week and we will sing, but not at the
event.  Even some filks and bawdys should perhaps be discouraged at feast
and early evening. If older, "mentor" bards are not willing to take on the
task of educating the new bards, then maybe a College is needed. I would
prefer the mentor system, but it takes one-on-one envolvement.  AmberLea