[Bards] Queen's College of Bards

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 27 04:56:53 PDT 2006

I don't think it has been anyone's intention that a "bard target" be required to be worn to perform at any time.  I think it's design is primarily to 1) show support for our community, and 2) serve as a visual indicator to non-bards that we are present, available, and willing, to perform if needed/wanted[1], and  3) it shows to would-be bards who they should talk to about getting involved in bardic.  It is in no way a requirement to wear anything you don't want to.  You don't even have to wear your award regalia if you so choose.  :)

[1] Not every bard has built up a reputation that results in them getting called on to perform in any corner of the kingdom by Crowns and nobles new and old alike.  Likewise, I don't know every knight in the kingdom, who could teach me something on the heavy field, but I can certainly find people with white belts and talk to them. :)

Alden