[Bards] Bardic college Events

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:00:07 PDT 2006

On 10/27/06, Simone Ui'Dunlaingh

> <SNIP>
>
> When participation at Canton shire and Barnial bardics are greater and
> more prestigious than the Kindom Estinfodd. we might want to look ast
> ourselves and not outside our selves. I have seen Local Bardic
> competions sport 30+ participants regularly when we cant get that many
> to show for kingdom..WHY? What is the diffrence? Why would a bard be
> willing to compete at a local level and not kingdom? these I think are
> the questions we  should ask.
>

> Simone
>
> <SNIP>

     I think it's a valid point.  I certainly can think of several local
competitions that have more participation than Kingdom Eisteddfod.  So what
do we do to make  Kingdom Bard something that  more people want to strive
for?
    For myself, I haven't entered in several years.  At this time in my life
I couldn't be the Bard that I think Ansteorra deserves, and I don't believe
that I should enter if I can't do justice to the position.  Being Kingdom
Bard is still one of my unfulfilled goals, but I won't go for it until I
feel I can do the job well.  I'm not entering local competitions either.

Robert

--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan