[Bards] Eisteddfod: workshop or competition?

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 31 04:57:18 PST 2006

I've read several comments that one of the nice things about
competing in Eisteddfod, whether you have a hope in hell of winning,
is the chance to learn from all the great performers who are there.

I've also read comments that the Eisteddfod list takes too long.

I have a question: is the Eisteddfod a "master level workshop", or is
it a "Kingdom competition"? I already know the answer to that, I'm
just asking you to think about it.

Fighters may learn something from fighting in the Crown list, but if
there's a "workshop" to be had, it's in the "pick up" fights off to
the side. It's not on the list field, which is a "serious business"
competition.

Perhaps we can combine some workshops (off to the side) with the
competition (the main activity) at Eisteddfod to make a more well-
rounded event? Oh, wait... that's already been suggested, hasn't it? ;-)

Michael
(in a surprisingly playful mood for someone who's been up since 5 to
feed the baby)