[Bards] Bardic college Events

Emily Minier Emily.Minier at DTAG.Com
Fri Oct 27 14:30:53 PDT 2006

Some of us simply lack the confidence to try for Kingdom Bard.  Like me,
for example.  I'm comfortable at the Baronial, Shire, Canton level.  But
I don't feel like I'm good enough to compete against many of the bards
on this list.  I simply lack instruction and polish.  All I have is what
I've put together pretty much on my own.  And, quite frankly, I don't
feel like it's enough to be an honest competitor in something like the
Eisteddfod.  That's a major difference for people like me.

Nyx

________________________________

	From: bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Fitzmorgan
	Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 2:00 PM
	To: Ansteorran Bardic list
	Subject: Re: [Bards] Bardic college Events

	On 10/27/06, Simone Ui'Dunlaingh

		<SNIP>

		When participation at Canton shire and Barnial bardics
are greater and
		more prestigious than the Kindom Estinfodd. we might
want to look ast
		ourselves and not outside our selves. I have seen Local
Bardic
		competions sport 30+ participants regularly when we cant
get that many
		to show for kingdom..WHY? What is the diffrence? Why
would a bard be
		willing to compete at a local level and not kingdom?
these I think are
		the questions we  should ask.

		Simone

		<SNIP>

	     I think it's a valid point.  I certainly can think of
several local competitions that have more participation than Kingdom
Eisteddfod.  So what do we do to make  Kingdom Bard something that  more
people want to strive for?
	    For myself, I haven't entered in several years.  At this
time in my life I couldn't be the Bard that I think Ansteorra deserves,
and I don't believe that I should enter if I can't do justice to the
position.  Being Kingdom Bard is still one of my unfulfilled goals, but
I won't go for it until I feel I can do the job well.  I'm not entering
local competitions either.

	Robert

	--
	"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it
hasn't been much of a day."     John A. Wheeler

	Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
	Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan