[Bards] apology and restatement.

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Tue Oct 31 11:11:25 PST 2006

Michael Silverhands wrote:

> Regarding your point about "bad bardic": I don't know what to do
> about that, but I agree it's painful to watch. Some sort of entry
> requirement (preliminary rounds or whatever) might keep "bad bardic"
> out of Eisteddfod, at least. I'll say more to that in a separate
> message.

That's what I liked about the old double elimination format.  Bad bards
perform twice, good bards perform 3-5 times, and great bards perform 7 or
more times.

> The worst slam I've ever heard, though, about a bardic championship
> was this: people didn't want to sit and watch because it was *too
> boring*!

Yes, well, does anybody want to watch every movie?  Does anybody even want
to watch every blockbuster movie?   For the same reason, most people don't
want to hear every bard, or even every good bard.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin