[Bards] apology and restatement.

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 31 10:13:42 PST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Cisco Cividanes wrote:

> To the list, I make an apology,
>
> I do stand by my statements, however, ranting at the proverbial top
> of my lungs surely isn't gong to create any productive outcome.

Speaking for myself, Lord Ivo, I see no apology necessary. You had
some points to make -- good, bad or ugly is up to the reader to
judge ;-) -- and you made them well.

> <snip>
>
> TO put it simply, is it possible that communication isn't what it
> could/should be between us a bards and between us and the rest of
> the kingdom?
>
> We may be bards, but we have to work around and with royals,
> autocrats, officers and all other attendees. I believe that there
> might be, at least in the north, a breakdown in the needed lines of
> communication.
>
> Food for thought.
>
> Ivo

Of *course* our communications needs work. We need better internal
communication (between us) and better external communication
(outward, to the Kingdom -- whether promoting a particular event such
as Eisteddfod, or promoting bardcraft in general). I think that's the
underlying, mostly-unstated common theme throughout these past 100+
messages. :-)

Regarding your point about "bad bardic": I don't know what to do
about that, but I agree it's painful to watch. Some sort of entry
requirement (preliminary rounds or whatever) might keep "bad bardic"
out of Eisteddfod, at least. I'll say more to that in a separate
message.

The worst slam I've ever heard, though, about a bardic championship
was this: people didn't want to sit and watch because it was *too
boring*!

Michael