[Bards] What Constitutes Being a Bard?

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:22:27 PST 2006

> So, I ask you, Ladies and Gentlemen.  What does it mean to
> YOU to be a bard?  Why does THIS art Call you so?  What
> standard do you hold YOURSELF to?
>
> ~Svetlana Andrievna Volkova

A higher standard than I ever hope to fully achieve, I assure you.  As
far as what I believe being a bard meant and means in general, my
research paper is available on the Ansteorran Bardic website (or in
published form via the website in my signature block).

Why does this art call to me so deeply?  I doubt I can ever fully
explain that without being present in the same place with a person and
getting to know a little bit about them, actually.  The answer changes
from situation to situation, except to say that in some ways I can't NOT
be a Bard.  I have stories that must be told, poems that must be written
or recited, songs that must be sung, and other expression forms that
must be expressed.

But that's a lot of words, not necessarily enough, perhaps too much
without the full context.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen