[Bards] The Rise of Taliesin

Katherine of Scarborough katofscarborough at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 18:12:39 PDT 2007

--- Peter Schorn <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:

> OK, I'm just twee enough to enjoy the fusion of
> historical Welsh literary
> figures, neopaganism and Tolkien/Lewis fantasy
> tropes.  Don't found a
> religion based on this or I'll have to hurt you.

--Have you ever heard of Blind Guardian?  It's
German-based, English-language power metal, with
lyrics inspired by a heapin' helpin' of Tolkien canon,
Arthuriana, and various world mythologies.  You might
like it.

</uber-geek>

> And Catrin ferch Malgwyn--are you Malgwyn Dda's
> daughter????

Nope--I'm Madog Maelgwn ap Llywelyn's daughter, but
"Catrin ferch Madog" was already taken. :)

-Catrin