[Bards] Graywood Bardic

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 14:28:26 PDT 2007

Well, I, for one, am laughing my Pagan assets off. But, my Cornish persona would also have been in those pews, regardless of her other... affiliations. :-)

  Have fun at Gothic, Dear!

Esther

Quill <gray.quill at gmail.com> wrote:
  Pardon me for being young and unseasoned, but...
What kind of Bardic happens at 9AM?! On a Sunday no less! At the time when all good Christians ought to be dutifully sleeping in their pews, when the only appropriate recitations are of age-old prayers and the only songs come from the prepubescent throats of choir boys.

I seem to have fallen under the impression that daylight is a Bardic no-no. It's a shame I am otherwise engaged with Gothic, else I would be most interested to see what happens to a story told this other side of dawn. For the sake of the winner, I pray that entertainment at such hours isn't a requirement of the job!

Furthermore I should say that any populace which can pay due heed to a Bard at that time, especially with consideration for the likely activities of the previous night, is a formidable one indeed, and I for one am rather glad to know they'll be far away from my friends at Gothic.Ouch.

Amusedly in service to The Dream,
Cuillioc

PostScript:
In the past I have been informed that the SCA as a whole carefully avoids appearing religiously affiliated and that for the most part its players leave their faith of choice at home when they come out to play, and that being the case I have been warned that it might be unwise to make comments like the ones above, especially in public forum... so I just thought I'd add a little disclaimer to say that such references were meant to be taken "in persona" -ish (because religion and Christianity in particular would have played a major part in my persona's life) and not chalked up to me bible-bashing the community at large.

Of course I'm happy to say I believe anyone should be able to sleep through the religious ceremony of their choice at any time of the week.

Cheers!
~Quill
(who rather hopes someone finds this as humorous as he did...)