[Bards] Championship This Weekend!

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 19:03:26 PST 2007

Here we are! The Week Before the Eisteddfodd of my many mis-spellings!

  ***** Table Cloths and Coverings Are Needed!!! Please Email me if you can help! ****

  We are going to have two tents for our use, our "Green Room" where food and goodies willbe available. Our kind hosts are providing coffee and hot water, and a water dispenser. There will be a table for other goodies, so please, consider this a potluck goodie table! Please bring something to share with your fellow bards, and possibly a decent audience!

  If anyone has cups and napkins, etc., that they can donate to the Green Room table, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Cookies and other delicacies of the season would be most welcome, as would protein, of course! (In other words, bring your feast gear for the contest as well as the potluck!)

  The competition pavilion is 13 X 21, with walls or screens as needed by the weather. They have two hearters for it, if it is cold and brrrrr! At least one table is available for the judges.

  We are advised to bring our own chairs, which will be sitting on grass, so it has been suggested for comfort and warmth that we bring throw rugs to put our chairs upon!

  They intend to have the even't Potluck at 6:30ish, and hope that the contestants and audience will be able to come and join in the revel.

  Here is the link for the event:

  http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yulerevel.html

  Please email me if there's anything I can do for you, or if you woudl like to volunteer anything for the Green Room, etc.

  Speaking of Volunteers, help taking down the pavilions on Saturday night would be greatly appreciated!

  Ever Yours,
  HL Emma Haldan (Esther)

  PS -- Any idea if Our Champion will be able to make it down? He is up North, right? Last I heard, it was covered in a sheet of ice....