[Bards] Bryn Gwlad Bardic Championship

Thomas gemartt at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 2 16:54:39 PST 2007

Greetings Bards of Ansteorra!

I hope to welcome many of you to Candlemas this weekend!
The weather soothsayers are in a good mood!

When you arrive at the hall, please ask to sign the roster of bards wishing to compete.
The competition will begin at noon.

Competing bards are asked to please present one original piece and one period piece.
Documentation is encouraged, but not required.  A special prize is also offered for the
most pleasing performance on Courtly Love.

Bards will be called to perform in two rounds:
first original works, then period pieces.

The competition will be judged by our honored guest, Eleanor of Acquitane and
her ladies.  We are using a simplified judging form based on the one that was
used at the Stargate Yule Revel.

In addition to the Bardic competition, there will be all-day competition of
Courtly Love throughout the day to honor the best male, best female and
best couple—who most impress Eleanor and her ladies with their display
and/or performance of courtly love during the day.

I hope to greet you soon!

          Thomas
  Baron of Bryn Gwlad

http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/Candlemas/