[Bards] Long range planning

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 15 05:51:31 PST 2007

Greetings fellow bards,
Here's some information for you to consider in your long range plans for the year.  In August (current proposed date is the 4th), the Canton of Westgate will be holding their annual Collegium event.  This year, the theme is "Bards and Garb".  As their champion last year was chosen by a bardic competition, this year their champion will be chosen by a costuming competition - hence the dual nature of the theme.  Westgate only has one champion, and they rotate the type of competition by which the champion is determined.

As their outgoing champion, I have been asked to coordinate bardic classes for the event.  Another individual will coordinate garb classes.  There's a lot of time between now and then, so I'm not asking for classes/teachers yet.  I just wanted to put the event on your radar early.  I'll be rounding up teachers sometime in the spring/early summer.  However, this could easily offer us another great event to rally around and come together as a community. :)  Yes, this event does fall during the first weekend of Pennsic, so if you're not going to Pennsic at that time, consider coming down to the Canton of Westgate!

Cheers,
Alden