[Bards] Ideas on documentation

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 25 04:36:51 PST 2007

Gerald wrote:

I agree with Alden; don't try to shorten your documentation unless you're
just not into writing term papers (A fourth page, Alden?!) ;-).

Yes, a fourth page! :)  I found a book on my bookshelf[1] that includes some very good notes on Sir John Davies' "Hymnes of Astraea" that include (for example) why Davies wrote 26 acrostic poems for this collection.  In mythology, when Astraea fled earth, she was transformed into the constallation Virgo, which has 26 stars.  Good stuff, which should get me a fourth, maybe a fifth page to my documentation for the collected works I'm putting together.

[1] I thought I gave a way this book, but apparently I didn't.  When I read through it, I looked back at the notes section the author includes and found a trove of useful knowledge.

Alden