[Bards] Coronation Cancelled

Charles Ó Floinn thorn at raf662bravo.com
Fri Jan 12 19:08:02 PST 2007

Postponed actually.

http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/QC/

Charles Ó Floinn
Chatelaine, Shire of Rosenfeld,
Kingdom of Ansteorra, SCA

-----Original Message-----
From: bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:32 PM
To: Ansteorran Bardic list
Subject: Re: [Bards] Coronation Cancelled

Coronation has been cancelled. The Crown is following your good sense!

Esther

Scott Barrett <barrett1 at cox.net> wrote:
Just a quick heads up.

A few of you were expecting my lady and I at Coronation. Despite plans
to attend in earnest, reason has triumphed in light of the oncoming
weather here in Oklahoma. I will not risk travel with my lady under the
forecast conditions.

The route to Coronation from Oklahoma City is the I-44 corridor. This
area is forecast receive light to moderate rain tomorrow with some
freezing rain probable. We would no doubt arrive safely in Burkburnett,
TX under those conditions.
However...
Saturday the freezing rain is forecast to continue throughout the day
all along the I-44 corridor, and worsen in the late afternoon/early
evening. 1 inch - 1 1/2 inches of ice accumulation is expected, as well
as power outages and road closures.

I can't afford to be trapped in North Texas for a few days. I also have
no faith in the competence of my fellow motorists in weather like that.
I've decided it's better to have folks irritated at my caution rather
than horrified at my misfortune.
Besides, there's only one lady like mine, and I ain't riskin' her.
If it turns out to be a chilly rain and nothing more, I'll stand by my
decision regardless.
I'd hoped to perform "Anthem of the Arms" at Coronation, as well as
provide the lyrics and tune.
I will share that with the Kingdom throughout the year wherever it is
welcome.
I also regret that I shall not hear Eleanor's last piece for their
Majesties Aaron and Britta.
I have communicated my apologies and regards to both Their Majesties
and Their Highnesses, and I apologize to you that the title will not be
represented at that event.
Those that recall my last tenure will know it is highly unusual for me
to cancel such a trip. It is not a habit, I assure you.

I'll be available for insult and disdain at future events around the
Kingdom. In the meantime, I'll just hunker down and hope the power
stays on.

~Finnacan

"I never wanna know a day that's over 40 degrees! I'd rather have it
30, 20, 10, 5 and let it freeze!"
-Snowmiser. "The Year Without a Santa Claus", 1974

  _____

Get your own web address.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p
=BESTDEAL>