[Bards] Gulf War Bardic Efforts

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 09:55:50 PST 2007

Agreed, Master Robin! But, even the most inspired armies still march on their stomachs, and so do Bards. I was thinking, how can we assist in a more material way, those who have taken on the responsibility of defending the honor of our kingdom? How can we assist the Kingdom Bard GET to the places where he can Inspire?

  More mud and bricks, I know, but it builds the stage.

Esther

Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
          A verse from "Hear the Call":

       Bards of Ansteorra, hear the call!
  Remind us of our heritage; recall to us our glory;
  Inspire us to deeds of war, with legend, myth and story.
  The come and watch the Lion fight;
  You'll have another verse to write.
       You are the Lion's roar!

  Now is the time to tell stories of battle to inspire the warriors to march to war (and songs of love to inspire them to return!)  Go to where the tournies are, and find the people who are starting to focus on the war.  They are a wonderfully receptive audience right now.

  And then when they get home, listen to them, find a cool story, and write your next great inspiring war piece.

  Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin