[Bards] Warlord Bardic Competition

Genie Barrett ladymaggie at justinanimator.com
Tue Jun 5 08:49:05 PDT 2007

At 09:50 PM 6/3/2007, you wrote:
>Nooo....
>
>Nothing like that.
>
>Double Sigh.
>
>Esther
>
>Gerald of Leesville <gerald.of.leesville at gmail.com> wrote:
>A while back, Alden asked how things went at Steppes Warlord in the
>bardic arena?  Just wandered if anyone was going to respond or
>not.   Not that I'm waiting.  Not that we'd want to know what we
>missed.  No.  Nothing like that.
>
>Sigh.
>
>G.

Sorry, I was hoping someone else, who had not been as distracted as I
was would respond.

The bardic competition was in two rounds.  One in the hall during the
day.  The performers were on the stage.  It was a great venue for
spoken word, but I really strained my voice singing.  A few
highlights, what I saw, HL Elanore did a great spoken piece about
horses, Yagyu was all over the stage with a Japanese tale, there was
an Irish tale and several Norse tales as well.  I wish I could have
focused more, I was late arriving because I was fighting, and then
was called away to help escort Sior Tomas into the final round of the
Warlord tourney.

The final round was after court at the Baronial Pavilion.  I am now
spacing on the name of one finalist, and who the other was, but Yagyu
won the competition with a rousing rendition of Tiggy's poem about
becoming a Warlord.

A wonderful competition over all.

Please, someone fill in my blanks.  I really am quite embarrassed
that I can't tell a better tale.

YIS
Maggie MacPherson
Glaslyn's Bardic Defender