[Bards] "Still Sword 'n' Shield for Me"

Peter Schorn peterschorn at pdq.net
Tue Jun 5 20:34:54 PDT 2007

>Message: 3
>Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:36:00 -0500
>From: "Kathy Elliott" <bardkat at houston.rr.com>
>Subject: [Bards] Seeking Song Lyrics
>To: "'Ansteorran Bardic list'" <bards at lists.ansteorra.org>

>Does anyone know if the lyics to "It's Still Sword and Shield to Me" are
>available anywhere?  I think this may have been written by Don Alden, but
>I'm not positive.  (I remember him singing it many years ago - maybe with
>one of his cadets?)

>It's a filk of Billy Joel's "It's Still Rock & Roll to Me."

That is actually by Lord Vlad Ravna, called Starkraven, mundanely Lyndon
Joslin, a Houston radio personality (traffic reporter and now commentator).
He was at the most recent Gulf Wars, by the way.

Alden, however, made it famous.

Kinda like how everyone thinks Jimmy Hendrix wrote "All Along the
Watchtower"...