[Bards] Westgate's Bards & Garb Collegium

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 12:28:07 PDT 2007

Fellow bards,
I currently have 11 classes on the schedule, and the autocrat informs me
that we have more class rooms available to fill.  In light of that, I'm
thinking of adding something a little more colorful to the schedule than
just classes.  In the style of the Bardic Madness events of Northshield
and the Mid-Realm, I'm thinking about adding Challenges.

Basically, anyone can be the patron of a challenge, and anyone who
wishes to participate in the challenge is free to.  It's not a
competition, so everyone who participates is a winner.  For some
examples of challenges, check out http://www.minstrel.com/ncb/bmxvi.htm
and http://tilted-windmill.com/bms8/challenges.html.  If you would like
to host a challenge, please email your challenge to me.  Each challenge
will get approximately 30 minutes of playtime.

I'll go ahead and host a couple challenges.  1) "These Are the People in
Your Neighborhood" - perform a piece *about* someone you know in the
SCA, and 2) "I Didn't Write This, But I know Who Did!" - perform a piece
*written by* someone you know in the SCA.  I'll give a bit of largess to
my favorite performer in each challenge.

In service,
Alden