[Bards] What can we do to make things better

barrett1 at cox.net barrett1 at cox.net
Wed May 2 11:36:41 PDT 2007

---- Gerald Norris <jerryn at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> > "This is the problem I have with the whole good bard / bad bard (no cookie!)
> thing, and even with the label bard in or kingdom. "

The label "bard" with all of it's different cultural meanings and counterparts has been discussed numerous times in the past. I also don't agree with it, but I submit to it's SCA usage as "a practioner of the vocal arts."

  How do you suggest to the crow
> that perhaps story-telling might be a venue they should try?  How do you
> persuade the stutter to try an instrument, or song?  How often is it done?

I would think voiced support and offered drink in a public setting. When people show an interest in you, it's very empowering.

~Finnacan