[Bards] Situations That Ruin Bardic Circles

Della H elf_kind1980 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 08:16:52 PDT 2007

"I have to chime in on this one.

"In short, I do not consider interrupting a oppressively bad bard to be
inherently dishonorable or uncivilized. Their are bad ways of doing it,
yes. But Honor and civility do not mean I have to sit back and watch
while a bad bard destroys a bardic circle or meal around my campfire.

"I'm  not saying its my first choose, and in fact it is likely my last
option, but their is no such thing as an inherent right to perform at
someone else's campfire.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk"

This is exactly the "dishonor" that I was talking about.  It doesn't take much to get over ones self and be courteous and polite.  It may not be your first choice of doing things and I don't care.  Frankly I don't care who you are, but it is NEVER okay to interrupt someone while they are performing.  Get someone to go in after to pick things up, but understand that it is NEVER okay to interrupt someone while they are performing.  Okay...I'll say it again to make sure that everyone understands.  It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER okay to interrupt someone while they are performing.

Now we all understand that is NEVER okay to interrupt someone while they are performing, I'll explain my red-headed step-child remark.  I first started playing in the SCA nearly 10 years ago.  From what I saw (and granted my memory may be foggy because I was young), things were great.  We had the bardic college and I felt good to go do my thing.  Then life pulled me away from the SCA for a few years and when I came back everything was different.  There was no bardic college, competitions were held almost as a afterthought at events, and there is almost no open bardic on Saturday nights anymore.  I'm sorry, but if that doesn't put me in my place, I don't know what does.

Della

http://mail.yahoo.com