[Bards] A small Bardic survey....

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri May 11 07:56:08 PDT 2007

I think including resources for bardic materials is always a good idea.
Most bards start of very generic, and pointing them to where they can find
material not only helps expand their own repertoire, it also shows what
else is available and can help a bard decide on a bardic persona.

One thing I always stress to new bards is practice.  Not only learning
your pieces by heart, but practicing them in front of a mirror to help
with facial expressions and body language, and then in front of someone
whose judgment you trust to give you an honest critique of your
performance.  A weak song, poem or story can be greatly enhanced by good
performance, and the best piece can be ruined by poor preparation.

Padraig
--
Nunc est bibendum.