[Bards] A small Bardic survey....

Kathy Elliott bardkat at houston.rr.com
Sat May 12 00:56:15 PDT 2007

To expand on Alden's thoughts -

<snip>
If you're a vocal performer, take care of your voice.  Much like a
herald, you should be healthy, rested, watered, etc. when the time comes
for you to perform.  Likewise, take care of your instruments and keep
them tuned.
<end>

I can count on one hand the number of vocal performers in the SCA who
actually warm up before a performance or competition.  Most people don't
even know that you should - let alone know how to do it.  (And no, singing
your performance song over and over again doesn't cut it.)

You might try starting off the class with some basic vocal and physical warm
ups - call it "tuning your instrument."

Kat

Ps - It's getting into my crazy time of year at work, and I won't be around
SCA events as much as I'd like right now.  Sing an extra song around the
campfire for me!