[Bards] CWAZY idea??? (is still Re: CDs)

John Gillin bonz6x at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 18:19:23 PDT 2007

Greeting Bards!
  Baron Wylfred of MorganVayle here... I like this subject/thread LOL!
  Somein Ansteorra) may know, and most may not but, somehow, with luck and a very sparse field of contestant... I won a Masque Laureate competition many years ago in Trimaris (where I USED to live) and so as a result was inducted into the Order of the Bards Laureate Trimaris.

  There are so many GREAT period style, or based upon period styles and cultural, ethnic... etc bands out there... I love the stuff myself. (even though I am an old rocker, LoL)

  ANYWAYS... Individuals in Trimaris, banded together and produced several CD's of period style or SCA period style/culture and called these the VIVAT series... Vivat I and II have been produced and distributed for quite some time... Vivat III has been in the works for a couple years now... I am not sure why, but production and completion of this CD stalled... not sure when it is going to be released. I recorded a tune for Vivat III... maybe one day it will be released for public consumption, who knows. It is SCA time in play here.... and we all know what that means, LOL!

  ANYWAYZ... The Ansteorran Bardic Community might want to consider doing something similar... Gathering up the Bards of Ansteorra, putting together original period style and SCA style/culture tunes... and making a CD for distribution... ??????

  I am game to play!... And I can help out with recording any people who live within a reasonable distance of Friendship Ranch, here in North Texas. (Gainesville TX).

  Does this silly idea sound interesting to any of you cwazy people out there???

  OH... I add Wolfstone and Clan na'Gael (now called Seven Nations) to the list of good music...

  best regards
  Wylfred
  (aka Johnny Mutt - The Euro-Mutts)
  www.myspace.com/thecelticeuromutts  for a listen to some samples of my insanity...

Gerald of Leesville <gerald.of.leesville at gmail.com> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }      st1\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)  }      @font-face {   font-family: Wingdings;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Tahoma;  }  @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times
 New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.EmailStyle18 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-reply  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }  OL {   MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in  }  UL {   MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in  }      Good selection, Will.

  Another couple of people/groups

  The Bard O'Neal / Diane Linn ( http://www.dianethebard.com/)
  The Bedlam Bards (http://www.bedlambards.com/)
  The Corsairs (http://www.corsairs.com/)

    In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate