[Bards] Silliness

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 22:09:38 PDT 2008

Apologies if I've done this more than once. Anyone else have things you can add?

  You might be early period if

  The word ‘Norman’ makes you think of the Honeymooners.

  ‘Ymir’ in the name of a tourney makes you think it could be cool enough that you might could wear your authentic kit.

  You know that Sauromation is not a spelling variant of Sarmatian.

  You think Constantine really spoiled all the fun.

  Your idea of British historians are Tacitus and Caesar.

  You have to explain more than once that “Offa’s Dyke”, has nothing to do with lesbians.

  You hear the word Nomad, and you think of the Pazyryk and Herodotus.

  You know how to spell Pazyryk

  You know where they Altay mountains are.

  ‘King Phillip’ makes you think of phalanxes rather than an Armada.

  You think “we few, we happy few” is what Leonidas told the Spartans at Thermopolae.

  You know how to spell Thermopolae.