[Bards] Deputy MoAS for Bardic & Peformance

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 06:54:59 PST 2008

Greetings all

Perhaps it would be helpful to repost the following (first posted by me in
May 2006):

The mission of the DMoAS for Bardic and Performance is to encourage bardic
and performance art.  That mission is shared with the Kingdom Bard, should
she or he accept it -- indeed, it is shared with every bard (especially
titled bards) and performer in Ansteorra -- the difference being that the
DMoAS is accountable and should be intentional.

Accordingly it is the duty and responsibility of the person holding the
office to seek out ways to improve bardic and performance art within the
kingdom.  Again, I suggest that is a role we all share, the difference being
that of accountability and intentionality.

In my case, as a laurel I also have the ability to act as your voice among
those who are entrusted with kingdom and interkingdom competitions and who
strive for some uniformity and predictability in judging competitions.

Please do me the courtesy of contacting me personally before assuming any
motives to the questions I post on the list other than the motives of
fostering discussion and gathering information on matters of mutual
interest.  The assumption of a hidden agenda or even a position on a
question posed by me is unwarranted.  When I have a position, I will make
every effort to make that position crystal clear.

Frankly, this is a courtesy I hope we will all extend to one another.

Warm regards,
Ihon Vinson macFergus, OL
DMoAS for Bardic & Performance
Kingdom Bard

--
" When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by
one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke