[Bards] Standards

Kathy Elliott bardkat at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 13:24:26 PST 2008

1.  Would you like to see 'standards' for bards?

Absolutely not.  Rather, I would like to see more ways for bards to share
their knowledge in a particular field with others (many already do).  An
event such as Bards, Brewers and Cooks would help with this, as would
hosting another bardic collegium.

As far as who can be called a bard, if you think you're a bard, then
congratulations, you're a bard.  Your audience will certainly let you know
whether or not they agree.

2) ... should a certain standard be required to enter Eisteddfod?

I don't think any bardic "performance quality" standard should be required -
that's what the competition is there to decide.  Let the first round do
that.  However, and I know I'm opening a can of worms here, I wouldn't mind
if entrants in a kingdom level competition had to be members of the SCA.

~ Kat