[Bards] No Sh*t stories

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Sun Jan 6 13:33:55 PST 2008

I have heard some talk of "No Sh*t, there I was" stories as though they
are some lesser form of bardic, if they are bardic at all.  In my mind,
there is no higher calling in the bardic arts.  Now, it doesn't have to
start with that infamous first line, but those stories are what preserve
our history, and that to me is a primary duty of a bard.  What's the
difference between a No Sh*t story and a glorious piece of Ansteorran
history?  About 10 years and some polish on the delivery, oh and drop
the first line.  I'll leave you with this little gem in what may have
been its original form:

"No Sh*t there I was at this battle where these 300 guys were facing
down the entire Persian army..."

Donnchadh