[Bards] My apologies to John Travolta and the Beegees, but it just kind of happened

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon May 26 21:10:52 PDT 2008

Emma wrote:

> On the other side of this coin, it's much easier to get applause for
> a filk than it is to get feedback and comment on attempting period
> forms, or at least that's been my experience for the last 15 years.

True, but that's an unfair comparison.  It's also easier to get applause for a period form than to get feedback and comment on attempting filk.  But neither that statement or yours is a comparison of filk to period forms.

The truth of the matter is that it's easier to get applause than to get feedback and comment.

Ain't it great?

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin