[Bards] Performance opportunity - Conflict at the Faire

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:10:53 PST 2009

Two rosy shepherds, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona, where we lay our
scene,
>From ancient grudge break to new rebellion, where chivalrous blood makes
chivalrous hands unclean.
>From forth fatal flocks of these fair foes a pair of even-toed ungulates
take their flight;
Whose calamitous, commiserable, conquerings do with their coupling compound
their company's clash.

Celebrate *30 Years of Rapier in the SCA at its Birthplace*
as the Baronies of Stargate & Loch Soillier host:

*Conflict at the Faire:  or "Should Ramy Owe for what Ewely Et"?*

Greetings all.   Enjoy a day of food, fest and fighting.  Try your skill.
Revel in performances.  Stuff yourself with tasty morsels.  Strike a bargain
with merchants.  And -- O yes! -- Settle old scores -- Generate new ones on
the fields of honor.  Something for everyone who isn't boring.

We hope that you will make plans to attend Conflict at the Faire, April
17-19, 2009 at Camp Camwood in the Barony of Stargate as the we celebrate *30
Years of Rapier in the SCA*.

So why this early announcement?

We hope that many of you will participate in this event by performing (you
got it -- strut your stuff) at one of three planned performance venues.  We
seek bards, poets, troubadours and jongleurs; vocal groups, thespians,
jugglers, musicians and dancers -- entertainers of every ilk.

If you are interested in performing, please contact me at your earliest
convenience.  Hoping to hear from you soon, I am

Ihon Vinson macFergus, OL
Baron of Stargate