[Bards] Query

Susan Tillery sutillery at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 6 17:50:17 PST 2011

On the other hand, if I noted that due to time and budget constraints the material I used was machine woven and dyed with aniline dyes, stated why I chose those particular textiles, and documented the pattern and embellishment techniques I used, I would usually be judged on the quality of my research and how well I executed the work on the garment using the materials I had.

And yes, I would like to see us working to academic standards and it is good to try, but a large part of our educational effort is the process by which we educate our members in the ins and outs of learning their particular interests and the venues we use to display them.

On the performance question, make a good effort, explore your options, and document the process and the sources that led to your choices as part of your research. Then, try it out and see if it flies.  When you are done make note of the feedback you get and continue honing your craft.

YIS,
AEla

edited for brevity if this changes things or annoys you please tell me.