[Bards] A&S performance (query)

Jenn Forsyth swcfolksinger at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 21:32:58 PST 2011

The issue I see in the possibility below is that it does not take into consideration one major area. The pieces that do well represent us at Gulf War. Would you feel comfortable taking a pre-recorded piece - regardless of how well it is done and attempt to sing it at the Green Dragon? Does that not take away from what we, as performers are attempting to do? i agree with Maggie, that as a static entry it may be possible... but even there we loose the authenticity. it is a question of balance i think, and what aspects we are willing to compromise on.
Mea