[Bards] Year-Long Challenge for all Ansteorran Bards

Yes, That Seafox seafox at gypsyheir.com
Thu Jan 8 17:05:50 PST 2015

A couple of comments.

First, some of your criteria aren't mutually exclusive, so someone could get
four marks for entertaining a countess in the spring with a period style
original tune. (Does countess include duchesses too, as they are sort of
post-countesses?)
Some folks don't do original works, and in some cases that's not really
appropriate to the persona. Other folks are reluctant to perform anything
they didn't write, as they're focusing on original composition in their
works. And it seems that original composition is far more respected in
poetry and storytelling than in song. (And far worse for non-vocal music,
which is my main point of interest in period music) In fact, this has been a
major impediment for me in performing in the SCA.

Just a couple of thoughts on your proposed idea. Your furlong count may
vary.

The person formerly known as Herr Marcus Il Volpé