[Bards] Just looking for some feed back

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Mar 2 05:47:18 PST 2017

> Wihtric - you just answered for yourself why the translation we choose is
> "One Star" because "Lone Star" means Texas :) We all know that Ansteorra
> was chosen as a reference to Texas, but those of us in Oklahoma would
> prefer to be included :)

For the record, when the name was chosen, very early in our history, there were no SCA branches in Oklahoma. They weren't "left out"; they simply didn't exist yet.

And Oklahoma is absolutely a crucial part of the growth and culture of our kingdom. When trying to explain our kingdom culture to other kingdoms, I have said that Ansteorra is as Texan as the Alamo and as Oklahoman as the Sooners.

> Also, as a Trimarian, I would FAR prefer to hear
> this rather than "death to Trimaris" which is particularly insulting and
> does not promote the "war without enemies" that we purport to fight :)

Hallelujah! Preach it, sister! I've argued against this for more than a quarter century, since back when it was "Death to the Outlands!" with the Outlands war in 1989-1991.

Our cheers should be real. I really want the king, the queen, and the kingdom to live, and "Vivat Rex! Vivat Regina! Vivat Ansteorra!" is a true celebration of what I'm doing here. "Death to Trimaris!" is, at best, a cutesy game that we don't mean. It has no place in our celebration of something great.

I have never cheered for genocide, I don't hate them, and I don't want their death.

We aren't trying to destroy or conquer Trimaris, and they aren't trying to destroy or conquer us. [And with good reason. They don't want our deserts; we don't want their swamps.]

Ansteorra went to war with the Midrealm and the Outlands, both of whom quit battling us. We tried to start wars with Calontir and Meridies, and they both refused.

Trimaris has the courage and honor and strength to face Ansteorra in great and worthy wars for over twenty years. Vivat Trimaris!

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin