[Bg-dance] Dance meeting places...

Marlin Stout ldcharles at ev1.net
Mon May 20 09:51:48 PDT 2002

Myfanwy ferch Eifion wrote:

> O.k, it has been forever since we have been able to dance in this
> barony.  It seems relatively obvious that there are not going to be any
> free meeting places unless we meet at people's houses.  I don't mind doing
> some kind of rotation with that, but we need at least 3 if not 4 houses to
> meet at.  My other question is, are we willing to pay for a meeting
> room?  If so, how much are we willing to pay and how often.  For example,
> when we were looking for a room to hold populace meeting at a few months
> ago, I had called a bowling alley and they had a room available for
> $25/meeting. If we were to meet twice a month, that would be $50 which
> would come to around $5/month.  If we were to do this, I would recommend
> that one person (I'll even volunteer) would be responsible for collecting
> money and paying for the room.  I don't know for sure how we would handle
> it because of the fluctuation of attendance, but we could talk about that.

 The problem I ran into last month with the lobby of my apartment
complex was that the new manager wouldn't waive the $50/meeting fee, as
the previous manager had promised. If anyone has a lead on a meeting
place, please check into it. There's only so much time I can spend on
searching. More people looking gives us a better chance of finding something.
 As fas as paying for a site, it might not be a bad idea for the short
term. I wouldn't want to do it permanently, but as a short-term fix it
could be an option.

Charles