[Bg-dance] Dance at the demo this weekend

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Oct 10 11:41:13 PDT 2007

There will be dancing at the Wells Branch "Ren Fair" this weekend.
Thomas said that the tentative schedule is to have it at 11:30 AM and,
er, 2:30 PM, but that's been set in Jell-O, not concrete.  Isabella
has another committment, unfortunately.

I'm hoping to first do a few demonstration dances -- depending on who
and how many and the temperature and the energy, it could be Heart's
Ease and Rufty Tufty, or Black Nag (one rep), or Heralds in Love, or
maybe even Picking Up Sticks.  Dances that we know well and can do
without practice or walkthru, and that looks visually interesting.

Then a few audience participation dances.  Maltese Bransle, Horse's
Bransle, Montarde ... ooo, one I've just remembered and would be
popular: New Bo Peep, and to lead up to that, we could do Half
Hannigan.  Isabella suggests that the experienced dancers could do a
couple of reps and then invite the audience in.

So this message is the official shaking-the-bushed^W bushes to ask
people to come out.  Who else is coming and will be available?  I'd
also love suggestions on how to handle things.

Danet de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com