[Bg-dance] Italian in the autumn?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Sep 13 22:55:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Kaitlyn Mckenna
<mistresskaitlyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey..I got a space for dance. It is linoleum/tile and is the
> foyer/atrium of my building on Sunday nights from 7-10.
> http://gscomplex.tamu.edu/?pageid=8

At Bryn Gwlad dance practice, we had the first intermediate-level
hour, and we talked about this, since it's the intermediate people who
tend to show interest in branching out.  CCing the bg-dance list so
they can confirm or deny my notes, so they get into any replies, and
so they can check out the URL above with the floor plan et cetera.

The facilities sound good.  One person believes that parking is
usually paid in the A&M area (unless you have a permit), even on
Sunday.  Is that so?

It's about 2 hours from Austin to College Station (a little more than
the time from central Houston to College Station).  If we get out of a
practice at 10 PM, people won't get back to Austin until midnight,
give or take, and the next day is a work day.  Given that, people
would want practice to end no later than 8 PM.

After discussion, people were generally not willing to commit to
Austin<->College Station every two weeks.  (*I* would, but I was alone
in that among the people who attended.)  One person said that he did
like regularity, just to help remember.  Another person wondered
whether there is enough interest among dancers coming from other
areas; if so, Austinites could just attend whenever.

I wish that I could report enthusiastic support for this; I'm sorry
about it.

Danyell de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com