[Bg-dance] Dance this Weekend

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 07:21:11 PST 2011

European Dance Guild:

Mini-Revel - Saturday:
There is a A&S Day and evening potluck and mini-revel this Saturday.

So please bring a dish to share and dancing slippers - and maybe a silver or trinket to pay the piper (musicians).

Artisan's Workshop
When:   Sat, January 8, 9am – 8pm
Where:  Wells Branch Community Center (2106 Klattenhoff Drive, Austin, TX)
Description:  After Laurels' Prize Tourney, several of the BG laurels got together and decided to host a workshop to help artisans with their A&S displays. It is primarily aimed at those competing in Kingdom A&S, but all artisans are welcome. It will be held January 8, 2011, at the Wells Branch Community Center Hall (where we had Land Court last June and the demo in September), from 9:00 am until late evening. Artisans will set up their displays and receive individual advice and suggestions on their displays and documentation in an informal setting. In the afternoon, the rest of the populace is invited in to look at the displays, see what people are working on, get ideas for A&S projects, and talk to the artisans. Guilds are also invited to bring in projects to display, to promote their guilds. Later in the evening, a mini-revel will be held. Details on this will be forthcoming, but I envision music, dancing and food. Gwenneth

Guild Meetings - Sunday:
Come join us this Sunday for our regular European dance practice.

We meet the 2nd & 4th Sunday each month from 6-8 pm at Wells branch recreation center on 3000 Shoreline Dr Austin, Texas 78728.   Guild is open to all dancers, all levels.  Street clothes are the norm for dress, though garb is welcome.

Intermediate Dancers Addition:
Intermediate Dancers/Performers, we'll be practicing and improving the Candledance for performance at Candlemas from 5 to 6 pm Sunday.

Sorcha ni Fhaolain, "Star"
Dance principal Bryn Gwlad