[Bg-dance] Performance dance? Inconceivable

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 7 08:31:23 PDT 2011

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Charlene Charette <charlene281 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be sure I'm understanding the issue: you're looking for a
> time to do performance dance at events, yes?

Yes.  I'm not sure what alternatives you were thinking of other than
at events.

The only revels of late here have been at dance practice.  (We call
them Three D: Dress [up], Dance, Dessert.  So it's really just a
normal dance practice except in medieval clothes and pot-luck
desserts.)  Our baronial revels tend to be pretty laid back and
unscheduled, so that may be a good location.

!

> We've done performances in the lull before feast; that worked out
> ok. All of which assumes the site is set up with room for dancing,
> of course. In our case, we just made sure that the crew setting up
> for feast left us an area to dance.

Sounds like a good suggestion.  Thank you.  What are the reasons to
not have populace dancing in the same time and place?  My guesses are:
- not enough room
- not enough time to oyez, gather people, set up sets, tell them the
   dance, get requests "can we do a walkthru?"

Dankyn Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com