[Bg-dance] Our own dance booklet

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 11:20:37 PDT 2011

After dancing around the Knowne World, I can truthfully say that there is a lack of consistency, regularly.  There's one kingdom where people do arches in Hole In the Wall for the casters to walk under.  It is not necessarily better or worse than another's style, just different.

If we find that a larger group of Ansteorran dancers do a dance a certain way, then we may indeed choose to adjust to be more in keeping with other groups in our kingdom.  But I also have no trouble agreeing to be leaders for Ansteorran Dance by establishing Bryn Gwlad standards.

I don't think any of us (BG dance teachers) are so set in our ways that we can't at least consider an alternative and discuss it.  We've done some dances where we "walk out" alternatives and try them to see if they are worth changing to.

So I have faith that as we create this collection of dances, we are going to have to negotiate some, but will come out stronger in the long run.

Star