[Bg-dance] Our own dance booklet

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:19:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> - instructions, when you need to know what a continenza is.
>  (Mnemonic that Philip White gave me at Terp:
>  "In a 15th C continenza, your hips make a short frowny face.
>  In the 16th C, your hips are a wide smile."  Perronnelle,
>  if you disagree, take it up with him.)
>  Terp can help some with that, with the step listings at the end of
>  the 15th C and 16th C Italian sections.

Continenze and riprese can be confusing since one is long and one is
short and they changed which is which from 15thC to 16thC. Add in the
"do you rise and the beginning or the end?" and the steps become a
challenge to remember. I hadn't come up with a good mnemonic for them.

--Perronnelle

--
Educate the children and it won't be necessary to punish the men.  --
Pythagoras (6th century BCE)