[Bg-dance] Dance Classes for Candlemas

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 07:50:55 PST 2012

I'm really sorry that I did not offer this earlier, but here are dance class titles and descriptions for our dance track.

I did not get clear volunteers for classes, so I listed "Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild" as the teacher for each class.  Essentially this means that any number of teachers or dance leads who participate in the Guild may teach a dance or two throughout the day.  Though I suspect Master Daniel and I will cover most of the teaching.

11 am – 12 Noon

Simply Dance
Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild

This class will focus on dances planned for evening sets that are simple and help build your dancing skills.   Class will try to include: Maltese Bransle, Horse’s Bransle, Black Nag

12 Noon – 1 pm

Courtly Almans
Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild

This class will focus on dances planned for evening sets and others from the Inns of Court, including: Queen’s Alman, Black Alman, Lorrain Alman, and Earl of Essex Alman

1 pm – 2 pm

Lunch and Performance A&S Break

 <This may have to shift depending on when the Performance A&S will be done - I thought 1, but Bardic is then>

2 pm – 3 pm

Hodge Podge Dancing Delights
Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild

This class will focus on dances planned for evening sets that are courtly and country dances that can be more challenging.  It will include Ly Bens Distonys, Amaroso, and Whirligig

3 pm – 4 pm

SCA Traditional Dances
Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild

These dances include favorites that are commonly done in the SCA though are known to be less-than-period.  Will  include Hole in the Wall and Heralds in Love