[Bg-dance] Oopsie on Grene Gynger
tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jun 4 08:48:55 PDT 2012
Grene Gynger was the new Gresley I taught, the one that starts
- a trace: trett, retrett, double forward; repeat
- forward heart pattern
- take one hand with your partner and take two slips down
I specified the trailing hand: "lord's" side left hand taking "lady's"
side right hand. Star complained that it felt awkward to take the
trailing hand, which is why we tried two hands and then none.
I rechecked the instructions from Emma and Martin. They (really she,
I think) *did* specify leading hand. I had been going by the diagram
but I must have been holding it upside down.
- Gwenllian has concerns about her shoulder
- "rake" doesn't specify anything about hands or not
- we didn't in practice need to hold a hand to keep good distance
I plan to teach it and remember it without hands.
Nevertheless, I would like to try it one more time while holding the
leading hand just to see how well it works.
Danihel de Lindocollino
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com
More information about the Bg-dance