[Bg-dance] Candlemas ball list

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Nov 11 10:11:22 PST 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, myfanwy at pug.net <bg-dance at lists.ansteorra.org> wrote:
> I know we will have:  Heralds in Love, Hole in the Wall, Korobushka, and Female Sailor
>
> I have currently on the thinking about list: Trenchmore, Scotland
> the Brave, Quen Quer Que, John Tallow's Cannon to the Legend music

I like Quen Quer Que -- I'd like to dance it more -- but is it popular
enough?  I've always thought the ball has to cover popular dances, as
I've heard this is one of the few events that actually have dancing.

I like Trenchmore -- have you considered the floor?  But we haven't
had falls since the first time, I think, so maybe I'm worrying too
much.  Maybe there should be a shoe UNshine boy available, to rub some
coarse sandpaper over the soles of people's shoes.

"to the Legend music".  *snicker* "Amata, FREEZE!  Authenticity
Police!  You're far too authentic for THIS event.  Take those
instruments away.  Star, bring in your tape player."

Denyel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com