[Blacklake] Bad starter helms

Chris England drachenhohle at suddenlink.net
Wed Aug 13 18:15:03 PDT 2008

I know we have some new people getting gear together so I thought I would
post this.  If you have one of these helms or are looking to get one the
problem seems to be fixable with a little welding.  If you do not have
access to someone with welding skills you may want to post on the lists and
see if you can find one.

Gerold

1.
xbnI5Mzk5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzMwNTQ2MzMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjM1MTE2BG1zZ0l
kAzExNzkEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTIxODYzMTU2OA--> Paul Chen Helms

Posted by: "Jean Paul de Sens"
<http://us.mc562.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=jeanpauldesens@gmail.com&Subje
ct=%20Re%3APaul%20Chen%20Helms> jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/cchipman_nomadics> cchipman_nomadics

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:54 am (PDT)

I received the following email from the Senior Marshals list:

Greetings,

We have been having a big shakedown of helmet checking for bar grill
helmets in An Tir.

On surprising thing we've found is the Paul Chen/Hanwei non-visored
helms are failing the 1" dowel test across the board, even brand new.
this happens between the brow ridge and the first horizonal bar in the
faceplate.

Are any other Kingdoms seeing this?

I'm beginning to think we need to issue an across the board statement
since I see this type of helmet everywhere (they are for sale for less
than 100$ on line).

A link to a picture of what I'm talking about is at:

http://sussen. com/shopsite_ sc/store/
<http://sussen.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product99.html>  html/product99.
html

or

www.imperialweapons.com/armour/16helms.html

Note the visored version seems to be (mostly) ok. it's the fixed grill
version that seems to be illegal out of the box.

In Service,

Sir Daniel
KEM An Tir

JP