[Blacklake] 12th night and going forward

Russelle Bragg brynach.efflam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:04:48 PST 2008

f you are not subscribed to the western, or ansteorra you are not aware of
what happened at Bonwicks 12th night.

First off it was a wonderful event the day's temp. was cool but not so cool
to be cold, the wind was a bit blustery but welcome to Texas. the fight ind
as i under stand was fun and intense. I was assisting two other wonderful
cooks to complete a wonderfully delicious feast. there was Friends and
family from  the kingdom people not not seen in sometime. A good event
overall.

After the tournament's but before Court there was a meeting of all that
chose to attend. Terrible news was announced by the kingdom senechal. The
Kingdom of Ansteorra will be dissolving the Western Region. The decision was
made, it will be read in to kingdom law, there is nothing his highness /
soon to be majesty Aaron can do. The 5 Shires of; Adlersruh, AmLoc,
Blacklake, Crossroad Keep, Mendersham, will have to decide who and where the
want to be grouped, our funds will be disbursed to who WE choose. Until
according to Pug we return to being a Viable group. It was informed to us
that only sustaining members were counted to our population. where as many
of us were thinking that it was total including family. With only 6
sustaining members and 5 family members ships we are no longer "viable", ie
we just enough members for offices but just barely.  This was a heart
rending emotional event, other than a few raised voices there was more tears
than anything else. I to have shed many a tear for this.

Now this news is not as fatal as it sounds. We as a Shire have been nuked,
our checkbook taken. This means Janet, Jerold, and I do not have to do paper
work. We as a Shire would write a checks once a year, for our event. So when
we do an event we request funds from whom ever our funds go to. our device
shall be reserved until we return to being a viable group, we can use the
device as long as we do not use the Laural leaves.

>From here on out we need to decide what we are going to do. WE are having a
Populace meeting this Sunday the 13th to discuss and decide were we want to
go from here Please attend this is of utmost importance this includes all on
the blacklake list that may no longer play we want your input also even if
you do not play any more.

with a sundered heart in love of the dream
Ld Brynach ap Efflam